Saturday, July 07, 2007

You Know You're Jealous


This is my new bike. Isn't it fabulous? It is an early birthday gift from Karen and Buddy, Mom and Dave, Dad and Margie and Peter and Sally. Amy coordinated the effort as a surprise--thanks, sweets! I think it counts for about 30 presents, so feel free to forget about Xmas gifts this year, family! I'm going to ride it on my birthday and think of all of you, so you don't even need to send a card! We're going to get a bike trailer tomorrow so Clara can share in the fun. She is hoping for a bunny bike helmet. The only other bikes I've had were a cruiser my Mom bought me in 6th grade that I kept through college and a $10 Goodwill bike I bought in Portland, the only one they had. It is very strange to have a bike the right size and to finally know how to use the gears. Not a bad thing to learn at age 35, hmmm? :)


No comments: