This Week's Menu:
Pita crisps with cucumber dip (Martha Stewart's Good Things for Kids, Summer 2006)
12 Grain Muffins (Lunch Lessons: Changing the Way We Feed Our Children)
Lovely fruit bowl by Cory and Eve-thanks!
Today's Guests:
Noah (and mom Patti)
Eve (and mom Cory)
The day:
Much calmer this week with no poop incident. :) Clara set the table, helped gather flowers from the garden for the centerpiece, sprinkled the seeds on the muffins and gathered up washcloths out of the clean laundry while I vacuumed up the spilled seeds :). If I hadn't done the cucumber dip the night before, she could have easily have put together the ingredients and stirred them--next time. Though the pitas and dip weren't a big hit, so I may not do them again anytime soon. The muffins, on the other hand, were delicious! Great recipe--no refined sugar, they're sweetened with honey, maple syrup and dates. Whole wheat flour and 10 or 12 grain cereal, topped with an assortment of seeds (we used flax, sesame, walnuts and pumpkin seeds). Clara and Eve ate a lot of them! :) And Cory made the sweetest cantaloupe bowl filled with fruit--so lovely. Clara even tried two raspberries, something she's been totally unwilling to do for me the other 50 times I've tried. Fun day, especially playtime afterward.

No comments:
Post a Comment