We had considered getting Clara a tricycle for her 2nd birthday, but decided she wasn't ready and we should wait. And then we saw this at the consignment shop on our street for $20 and well, who could resist? It's the exact one we'd planned to get. She can just barely reach the pedals, but I don't think it will be long. She's pretty excited about it. If you're a grandparent, I think it's worth clicking on these photos to enlarge them--pretty cute expressions.
Some funny anecdotes from today:
1) Clara was looking through my calendar book. "Santa is 2 in August," she said. "No, Santa doesn't come until December," I replied. "It's Clara who turns two in August." "Santa comes Thursdays in August. Santa comes when it snows. And the wind will blow. I will pet reindeer. I will sit on Santa's lap," said Clara. "That's a lot of Santa plans," said Mama. She was pretty thrilled a few hours later to see a Christmas tree up and some Christmas fabric when we went to the fabric store. "Look!" she said. "Santa is coming!"
2) Clara disappeared into the living room with some seed packets she stole from the porch. She ran back in, opened a drawer, got a pen out, and ran back to the living room. I decided to investigate. Clara was writing on the carrot and then the pea packets, little scribbly symbols all in a line with spaces between them. "C-L-A-R-A," she kept repeating. "What are you doing?" I asked. "These are Clara's seeds. They need C-L-A-R-A. It's a name!" she answered. "Mama go?," she said, gesturing me to leave. "These flowers need it, too."

No comments:
Post a Comment