Sunday, February 01, 2009

A New Fix

You might remember me posting ages ago about how I was unhappy with the way Clara's (and now Ellis') dishes, washclothes, etc. were stored in the kitchen. In my attempts to do a little decluttering around the house (okay, a lot...more on that later), I planned to haul this CD rack from Ikea up to sell at the local children's resale shop because we weren't using it. But then it occurred to me--the perfect solution! Voilá! Their little silverware is in the closed drawer and those are bibs on the bottom. And now the bottom shelf of our butcher's block just has the kids' dishes, our dishtowels and a salad spinner--all things Ellis can pull off safely, and it's much tidier than before. Ahhh.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I love this idea for toy storage! But where did you find the CD rack? Ikea doesn't seem to have anything like this online at the moment. (I know you can find things like this around, but I'm trying to save money as well as space). Great idea!

The McAuleys said...

We got it at Ikea in the kids' section, but probably four years ago.