
We copied this idea for Clara's classroom Valentines from
here. I love them--they have so much personality. But I think I love the backs even better. You'll have to click on this photo to see her awesome writing.

She wrote each of her 21 classmates' names and signed them all, plus the multitude of teachers at her school. She even wanted to make them for the teachers who have left since the beginning of the year, saying "They will cry if they don't get an owl valentine!" So sweet.

Here are Clara's Valentine presents, a headband and new dress. The dress is
this amazingly easy and adorable "Miss Madeline" pattern--I made it while almost comatose with sickness and very late at night, and it still turned out great! Think I might make some more. Maybe one for Ellis, poor thing, who only got Valentine socks. She likes to chew on them. The headband is just a decorative ribbon sewn on top of another ribbon sewn on top of a felt strip. Fold under the ends of the ribbon for neat edges, slip some elastic under the ends, and use pinking shears to trim the felt when you're done. Ta da!

Making pink heart pancakes with Ma. No, her hair hasn't been brushed, thank you very much. :)
Next year I want to make
this. So super cute.
1 comment:
these valentines are so cute! i am new here and reading past entries! very cute girls!
Post a Comment