Saturday, February 21, 2009

For the Birds

Earlier this month Clara strung some cereal, bread and dried fruit for the birds in our yard. I recently read that February is the most difficult month for wild birds to find food, and found out that you can visit this website to get a list of the birds you are most likely to see in your neighborhood--just type in your zip code. The list has links you can click on to see pictures of your birds and to learn about them, including their favorite foods. Also visit The Crafty Crow for some terrific ideas about homemade bird feeders to make with kids. My friend Ryann will get a chuckle out of this post, as she knows that neither of us like birds that well because of their creepy lack of arms, but you shouldn't pass an odd prejudice like that along to your kids, don't you agree? :)

2 comments:

Cory said...

I suppose birds might be offended by your creepy lack of wings?

Eve and I made peanut butter pine cones for the birds this winter and Trudi, my black dog discovered and ate them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/csp67/archives/date-taken/2008/12/08/

cherl said...

Too funny. I never really thought about the lack of arms angle. I don't like birds either. Actually, I'm quite terrified of them ever since I saw The Birds eons ago. Of course, our two kids and Mike love birds.