Friday, June 01, 2007

The Little Secretary


Clara's been very into asking for a pen, notepad, my calendar book and the phone lately. This particular day her conversation went like this: "Hello. Doctor? Yes. Yes. 5-7-9-4. Um, yes. Okay. Bye." Then she wrote in the calendar book, presumably an appointment time. :)


This photo is from a day last week when she took an unusually brief nap and I still had a lot to accomplish in the kitchen for dinner prep. I wondered what I was going to do to keep her busy for 45 min., but she marched right into the living room and sat down with the library book she'd picked out the day before (a long illustrated story in Japanese and English). She 'read' on her own for 20+ min. Once I caught her pointing to the page and saying "S. Ssssssss. S." Now there's a child who knows her audience--what a way to further endear yourself into a teacher-mama's heart! :) And did I mention that she can now count to ten and has a few books memorized so she can 'read' them herself? :) But we're not proud at all. Ha.

No comments: