Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Birthday Season Has Arrived

Time to get busy--I suppose because Clara has a summer birthday, we know a lot of other summer kids, too. The first few birthday parties of the season fell this weekend--activity kits made from folded placemats and filled with art supplies and the "park kit" I've been planning for months but just got around to finally making were are handmade choices for this weekend's birthday kids and to send Sophia off for 5 weeks in Australia. Hope the activity kit helped on the FIFTEEN HOUR plane trip!




I have a feeling I'm more excited about the park kits than the kids will be, but I always get to the park wishing I had things I don't and figured other parents feel the same. I made the labels with our gocco printer and an image from an old kids' book, sewed up some drawstring bags, and filled them with things like a terry towel for drying off slides and swings, bandaids, emergency snacks, bubbles and sidewalk chalk. You never know--you may be the next person to get one!

No comments: