I was embroidering and Clara wanted to, too. I have let her practice on muslin before, but today she wanted to "sew a picture" for her friend. If I'd known how serious she was about it I'd have gotten her a new piece of fabric and taken more than half a second for the design. She did have help with this, especially keeping track of which side to poke through on each time, but was great at poking the needle on the line and got fairly even stitches, I thought! I just used a disappearing fabric marker to draw the heart. It was nice on light-colored muslin because if you held it up to the light she could see the line on the wrong side, too, to know where to sew. She stitched it and then later I removed the pen with water (she probably would have enjoyed doing that step, actually). What darling pincushions, little bags, scented pillows, etc. these could make. Too bad the hoop isn't smaller, you could just back the whole thing with fabric or a decorative cardboard and hang it on the tree!Looking for gifts you can make for kids? Try this link for a lot of ideas! And I love this simple advent idea from Maya Made.

2 comments:
What fun ideas!
oh my Lord, Kirsten!
Thank you so much for the link to Maya Made. This is hilarious. Since before Kaia's birthday I have been saving toilet paper tubes but have continuously been asking myself, "Why?! Why am I doing this?!?!"
And now I know.
Post a Comment