Monday, November 17, 2008

Wrap It Up


I saw this simple but ingenious idea in the latest issue of Martha Stewart Living--just one simple fold while you wrap and you have a little pocket for cards or smaller gifts. We tried it out for some birthday gifts this weekend and I'm thinking any Christmas recipients of ours are going to see a lot of the pocket!! I think this would even look great if you wrapped your presents in newspaper and then slipped in a red card or something to contrast like that. Or little photo bookmarks peeking over the edge? Endless possibilities!

Also, check out this recycled paper wallet tutorial from Meg of Sew Liberated for a crafty gift using repurposed materials!

2 comments:

cherl said...

LOVE it. I think many of our recipients of wrapped gifts this year will also be seeing a pocket. So clever!

Cory said...

Yes! I read this just last night, and can't wait to try it. What a simple, attractive solution (mine usually involves double-sided tape).