Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yay for US (read that as you will)

Celebrating with some ice cream. :)
Clara has this odd little way of narrating her day in the third person. "Is Clara putting on her shoes?" "Is Clara making her sister laugh?" "Is Clara being really helpful and gentle?" This morning she said, "Is Clara getting a new president because the old one isn't very good?" I thought of talking about perspective, how everyone has a different opinion, of explaining our election process. But instead I said, "Yep, that's just about right."

2 comments:

Cory said...

Yay, indeed.

Eve looks at pictures of herself and asks "where's she going?", "what's she doing?" or "she's wearing striped pants!"

Natalie Whisler said...

Well, I'm glad Clara wasn't too upset that her candidate didn't win. Gabriella also ended up switching sides on election day. Before we headed off to the library with our ballots she ran off and made up her own ballot and explained that her marker scribbles indicated she was voting for John McCain. Jonathan said, "What is it with these little girls and the old white guy? Do they think he looks like a grandpa?"