I finished my apron for the Sassy Apron Swap and hope to get it in the mail tomorrow along with the required soup recipe. The theme for the swap was spring, hence the flowers and little birds. Thanks to my lovely friend Wendy for modeling, as the apron does not look quite as cute when you are 30 weeks pregnant. :)
It's a reversible apron pattern from Lotta Jansdotter's 'Simple Sewing,' with some vintage embroidery pattern details from Pattern Bee. Pockets were required, so I added those to one side. I had a really good time doing the embroidery, especially--I haven't done much needlework, and loved how portable a craft it was and how mindlessly relaxing for evenings. Someone asked me if I was looking forward to receiving my swap apron and I must admit, I'd totally forgotten that you get an apron in return! It was so fun to make one that the creation of a gift was definitely my main focus. You can see more details of the pockets here. Our swap partners are a surprise, so no chance of her seeing it here first, I think, unless she checks out the websites of all 200+ participants. Ha. Hope she likes it!

3 comments:
I love the little birds! You are a multicraft maven. And it was so fun to see your picture with your lovely Ellis growing growing growing!
Oh my goodness! I love the birds. You know I am Mama Byrd! They are too sweet. I would love to be your parnter. :o)
Thanks for the apron, I love it! You definitely exceeded my expectations. Thanks for putting in so much work. It's quite possibly the cutest apron ever!
Post a Comment