Wow, our friend Jolina really went all out today! This afternoon was the Valentine Tea she hosted for Eva, Natalie and Clara, the one I made the aprons for. Jolina did the most incredible Martha job. She made the girls ribbon skirts and gave them sparkly bead necklaces, set the table with handmade cloth Valentine place mats and special Valentine cups, made the girls heart-print bibs, two kinds of heart sandwiches, heart-shaped cheese, cupcakes...and then they had special Valentine bags made by Eva filled with matching handmade nightgowns, homemade lacing cards, little notebooks and cards from Eva. Whew! It was really something. The girls had a great time dancing like fiends and dressing up in Eva's dress-up clothes.
I made the cookies below from a Martha Stewart recipe to take to the party--they looked nice (Clara decorated), but were sooooooooooooo sweet.
Amy liked them, but I thought they'd be a lot better with a tarter jam. The apricot were better than the raspberry for that reason (Amy disagrees). If I wasn't so selfish about hoarding my friend Wendy's homemade plum jam, it would be perfect. But then I'd have to eat every cookie myself so I could have her jam, so that won't do. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment