Saturday, August 11, 2007

We love crafts

The mamas have been busy at our house. I've been sewing up a storm for a ton of birthdays and new babies, as well as this little pillowcase dress for Clara's day at the beach next week and these little beach bags for her party favors:
Amy amazed us all, especially Clara, with these awesome little animals out of Sculpey! Note the box she found and modified to house them--Clara's middle name is Aurelia.





You can see more photos of the craft endeavors in our Flickr album, http://www.flickr.com/photos/elleryolivia/ . There are more photos of the dress and bag details there as well as the other things I've been working on like kids' smocks, activity kits and park kits. It's really fun to have a forum to get feedback on projects as well as to just remember all the things you've made to give away! Because of the Flickr album of craft photos I had my first reference today on someone else's website (that I know of), another family using Montessori principles at home. The sharing going on online for both crafts and education is so inspirational!

1 comment:

pdxkatie said...

I am in awe of Amy's sculpey skills. E and I just discovered the joy of sculpey but are in the novice stage. We've successfully made a very realistic burger!
And I bumped into your projects on the bend the rules flickr account - what a great eye you have for colors and fabric. I really admire your taste!