Saturday, August 18, 2007

New Trick

Fun day today...we went to a fair of local mama entrepreneurs, then to the big farmer's market where there was a lot of music today (big band, classical violins and old time fiddle/banjo/guitar!). Then to Lucas' house for some birthday fun (happy birthday, mister!).
Lucas blows out his birthday candle
Some laughs with Sophia

Clara also demonstrated her newest surprising trick when she was pretending to talk on the phone this morning. Her favorite person to 'call' is my doctor, so we heard her say, "Hello? Dr. Matteri?" and then "Yes, it's 2__-9___." (Fill in our phone number). Amy and I exchanged rather astonished glances, thinking it must be some weird coincidence. But no! Again she said it, "Yes, 2__-9___." Since I do not often need to give our phone number to people I'm speaking with on the phone, the only thing I can figure is that she heard me say it the few times she's been with me when I got blood work done--they make you tell them a phone number to call each time you have blood drawn. How she knew to connect it with the phone, I'm not sure. Crazy the things these little people absorb. So now if you ask Clara her phone number, she can tell you what it is!

No comments: