Monday, June 16, 2008

Muffin Tin Monday!


A brilliant idea from Sycamore Stirrings--Muffin Tin Monday!
We tried it out today to some rather astounding success--Clara at least tried EVERYTHING, even things I've been trying to get her to try for months, and she ate all of most things, including the turkey/cheese roll. When I last attempted to serve one of those, I was greeted with wails and sobs and cries of "What did you do to my cheese?!!? I just like my cheese plain!!" Today she said, "I like turkey now!" I was also pretty thrilled about the grilled pepper, cucumbers and green beans being given a thumbs up, even if they weren't completely devoured. Yay for Muffin Tin Monday!! Today's lineup consisted of (from left to right): an herb-roasted turkey and cheddar cheese roll, spaghetti with tomato sauce, watermelon, tiny pancakes, cucumber, dried pineapple, dried cherries, pork stir fry with red peppers and green beans, peanuts, grilled red bell peppers, white beans with garlic and rosemary, and cheddar bunny crackers. It took only a few minutes to prepare--mainly leftovers or fruits and veggies we had in the fridge, with a couple of things from the snack basket. I didn't even heat anything up. She's also vowed to try the beet salad she helped me make for dinner tonight--a very encouraging toddler eating day!

5 comments:

katy said...

yay! Thanks for playing. both of my girls are mice too - cheese, cheese, cheese and more cheese.

I'm glad you found it both fun and easy - glad Clara thought so too. My youngest loves dried fruit, I'll have to give the pineapple a try. I use the dried cherries in an almond biscotti - yum yum!

Hope to see you next week!

pdxkatie said...

This is a GREAT idea! I can't wait to try it out tonight with E! yeah!

Bonita said...

Well, I'm new to the muffin tin idea, but I wish I could have had yours for myself at lunch today! Sounds so yummy!

Jolina said...

Wow, Kirstin, I love this idea!! I will have to try that this week sometime.

cherl said...

I LOVE this idea and tried it this morning at breakfast. I definitely found it a challenge. Instead of the muffin pan I ended up using 5 single serving muffin molds (Wilton silicone bakeware from Target). He liked that he could move them around as he finished and we took the opportunity to talk about addition and subtraction as he ate.

Great idea!