Monday, June 23, 2008

More Muffin Tin Monday


From left to right, crostini toasts, tiny fresh mozzerella balls, tomato/basil salsa, strawberries, wheatberry salad with cabbage, pineapple, peas from the garden, cashew pieces, cantaloupe, alphabet pasta, banana chips, garbanzo beans with lemon-tahini sauce. The idea was to have her put the mozzerella and tomato salsa on her toasts, but she liked the toasts plain, of course, and wasn't fond of the tomatoes. And the child still hates bananas, apparently. Unless they are in banana bread. :) The grown-ups ate the garbanzo beans and wheatberry salad on greens from the garden--based on this recipe, but I added 1/2 a head of shredded red cabbage and some shredded zucchini like they do at the farmer's market.

Here is the awesome beet salad we made last week--the recipe is from a playgroup mom. We didn't think anyone in our family liked beets until we had it. But it is so good I could hardly stop myself from eating. Really. Email me if you want the recipe.

These were so delicious, too, and so easy. It's a pineapple-ginger sorbet and it took all of 10 min. to make, if that. From "How To Eat Supper" by Lynne Rossetto Kasper.

2 comments:

katy said...

You are *killing* me with this muffin tin! wheat berry salad!? fresh mozzarella balls? crostini toasts? You are obviously raising little gourmands. You have set the bar pretty high . . .hmmmm. can't wait to see what you come up with next. GREAT muffin tin. Thanks so much -

see you next week,
Katy

Bonita said...

Such a healthy looking lunch! You have some things in that tin that I've never tried. I think I need to start making these tins for myself and trying new foods.