Came across a template for these on Kiddley, by Sarah of The Small Object. We couldn't resist trying it out, and Clara loved them! I left some for my mom to do with her one day and then I just kept a small shoe box with fabric and ribbon scraps, some decorative paper, scissors and glue on the counter and anytime we had a spare 30-60 min. to kill we got it out and off she went.
She needed some help cutting fabric (preschool scissors didn't work too well for that), but otherwise had a ball coming up with costumes for her dolls. If you cut them out they make great gift cards, too. We talked her into giving us these two favorites for Mothers' Day presents:
Also check out this weekend's project Amy did with Clara--the castle.
Funniest was the debate Clara had with me when Amy disappeared to the basement.
C: Where's Ma?
K: In the basement looking for a cardboard box for your castle.
C: No, we don't need any cardboard. We're sewing the castle.
K: I don't think so. I think you're using cardboard.
C: No, Ma said so. She's in the basement getting material. Material is for sewing.
K: Ah. Did she say she was going to get MATERIALS?
C: Yep. Material. Like fabric.
She didn't seem to mind when it all came together. :)

3 comments:
I think I've had that same conversation with my kids. Not exactly, but pretty close.
Oh, and are there directions for making that really awesome castle?
I asked my partner about directions for the castle and her reply was, "Nope, just get a box and go for it!" :) Glad you liked it! It has gotten a lot of use around here.
Post a Comment