Monday, May 26, 2008

Impulse Buy



I try not to buy things on impulse, but who could resist this? Organic cotton, generously sized, $13 at Target. They have a shark and one other animal, too. A frog? The only problem is that I bought it with the anticipation of how many towels we're going to need to swim every day when our local pool opens, and Clara has started calling it her "bee costume" and refusing to allow me to touch it. Hmmm.

Our local pool is one of the great assets of living in our neighborhood, along with our lovely little farmer's market. Which leads me to this photo of Clara, wearing a dress my mom made for me when I was little. Apparently there is a matching doll dress I need to comb the basement for. But at a recent farmer's market day she wore it and was complimented for the upteenth time on her darling 'vintage' dress. I am trying not to be too offended about something I wore being called vintage.

And as long as I'm being a little random, I'm throwing in a recent photo of the little one, just because. :) Nothing vintage about her!

1 comment:

Cory said...

My favorite part of the bee costume is the stinger.