So our schedule is now too full to have them every week, but I really wanted us to get back to hosting toddler teas. They'll be more sporadic now, but we had a lovely girly one today with friends Claire S., Claire L. and Josefina. We got to use Clara's birthday cups from Uncle Peter and family.
The very fallish (and orange!) menu:
-Pumpkin Oat Muffins (with apricot jam, plus I added shredded carrot) from Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites
-Baked Egg Puffs with Butternut Squash from Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld (thanks, Aunt Linda, for the new cookbook!)
-Sweet Potato Biscuits from Lunch Lessons: Changing the Way We Feed Our Children
-Satsuma Mandarins
-Cinnamon Tea
Clara is able to do more and more in the kitchen, which is quite fun.

Scooping out roasted butternut squash to puree for the egg puffs

Adding oats to the flour

Beating the egg

Mixing the muffin batter

Filling the mini-muffin tins
Here are the finished muffins, which were pretty tasty. I'm glad I added the carrot, as some of the Moosewood low-fat recipes are dry and I think the carrot added moisture.

You can see the egg puffs and sweet potato biscuits on the table with the darling guests. The biscuits worked really well with cookie cutters--we had turkeys today. Sorry about the not-so-great photos of the cutie guests--I didn't get around to taking many!

Josefina

Claire S.

Claire L.

Clara, her mouth full of biscuit
No comments:
Post a Comment