Wednesday, September 26, 2007

More Clara Quotes

Look who finally decided, after a whole summer of her Mama unsuccessfully coaxing and trying to convince her to try one, that she likes strawberries. A few days before the start of OCTOBER.
Okay, here are a few new observations and comments from Clara:

While looking through National Geographic (her favorite magazine--Amy still hasn't been able to read her latest issue), Clara found a photo of an admittedly dog-like fruit bat. "This is not a bat. It's a bat-dog. A smiley bat dog. It flies like some strange sort of heliocopter."

When we came downstairs to start the day, Clara said she wanted to eat. I pointed out to her that Amy had already set her breakfast out on the table before she left for work, so all she needed to do was hop up in her chair. "But I didn't say thank you," lamented Clara. "And I didn't ask Ma if she wanted something to eat, too."

Seeing me looking through photos on the computer, Clara said, "I want to see those pictures of Clara eating breakfast." After I lifted her up to look, she cooed, "Oh, cuuute!" Not vain at all. :)

Clara likes to look out the window to watch the kids walk to the middle school up the street. This morning after a group of boys walked by, she commented, "Nope! Those kids don't have any monkey tails!"

1 comment:

Spinneretta said...

Monkey tails? *grin*
Those are great quotes. The littlest often say the funniest things. My 3 yo DD made a good one the other day... my 8yo son said that the neighbours cat had gone down the hill into the woods:
"Where he will be eaten by DEER!" was her continuation!
Such funny things ;)