Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Winter Workshops

If you're visiting to find out more about the winter workshops we're offering at our house (otherwise known as the 'Never Buy a Volkswagen Passat' parties), here's the info! I can accept three children for each workshop, recommended for ages 3 and up. Each workshop includes a healthy snack, the craft or cooking activity and, if time allows, some indoor playtime in our playroom. Each child will leave with a unique item they've crafted suitable for gift-giving (or will have them delivered by the next day if the item requires drying time or an adult's hand-finishing like the pincushions). I've leveled the workshops for your convenience. Easiest is something a child can do even with emerging fine motor skills. Medium level is for a child who has experience using a pencil and scissors and who can draw basic shapes. Advanced skill level is for a child with some crafting and/or specific fine motor experience like cutting on a line, using a needle, etc. So drop your child off for two hours of creative fun while you shop, run errands, get a holiday haircut, or just read a magazine and sip some cocoa somewhere quiet! Email me for scheduling and fee information.

December 8th, 1:30-3:30: Sewn books (pamphlet stitch like the largest of the books in the photo, but with artwork by your child on the front cover). Medium skill level.
December 11th, 9:30-11:30: Original stuffed creatures. Medium skill level.
December 14th, 1:30-3:30 pm: Tiny Villages. Medium Skill Level.
December 18th, 9:30-11:30 am: Embroidered pincushions. Advanced skill level.

December 21st, 9:30-11:30 am: Mini board games with shrinky-dink game pieces (drawstring bags will be premade an included with each game). I'll try to make a sample soon so I can post a photo. Medium skill level.

December 22nd, 1:30-3:30 pm: Chocolate-carmel pretzel treats and gift cards (involves pecans). Easiest skill level.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Wish I lived near you!
-Phyllis