Clara and I are making an embroidered placemat for one of her teachers--he is expecting a new baby this summer. It's going to be great! Her stitches are so even, it's crazy. Yeah, Montessori fine motor practice! :) This is her first time with a 'poky needle' instead of a blunt tip and her first time doing backstitch, which she picked up quite easily. Sometime maybe I'll share our other two attempts at this tutorial--one where she gets very distracted by the insects joining us in the yard and another where she refers to one stitch that was a bit larger than the others as the 'grown up ant' to her other stitches, the 'baby ants.' Hilarious. The end of this video got cut off a little--I think I exceeded the Flickr allotted time. She decides after pulling the needle off the thread that it's time for a little break. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment