Friday, October 03, 2008

The Little Republican

Clara has a little obsession going with John McCain. It started in the car one day when I was listening to NPR.
"Who's John McCain?
"He's running for President of the United States against Barack Obama. We want Barack Obama to win."
"No, John McCain is going to win."
It went on and on like this, every time she heard them mentioned. On Thursday we were listening to the vice-presidential debates when Clara gleefully interrupted Sarah Palin to shout out, "She said John McCain! He's going to be president!" She followed this statement by a little dance and accompanying chant, "I love John McCain."
It was time to get to the bottom of this.
"Why do you want John McCain to win so much?"
"Because his name sounds like candy, like candy cane, and I love candy." Ah.
So tonight he was again mentioned on the radio, and again Clara said, "I want John McCain to get the job."
"I know you do. But Ma and Mama and Ellis want Barack Obama."
Clara's response? "I'm going to change your minds."

2 comments:

Lissy said...

That is just tooooooo funny. You just can't make stuff like that up - kids are just amazing :-)
(We're following the elections with interest here in Australia!)

Vivian said...

Oh dear...they're their own little people, aren't they?