Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Grocery List

It's possible that only the other elementary teachers out there will be as excited about this as I was, but here it is. Clara made this little grocery list today. I almost cried I thought it was so adorable. Years of getting excited about other people's children's emergent writing and here finally was my own little girl's composed on my very own coffee table. It totally took me by surprise, actually, I didn't think she was at this point yet. What do you mean you can't read it?!? :)Okay, I admit the first line is a mystery to me, too. But the second line says lettuce, LTC. The third line says carrot, CTAR (I heard her sound it out, CART--she added the T last, but squeezed it in between the c and a). The fourth line says peas, PEC. And a few extra letters on each line for good measure. There is pretty much nothing as sweet as little kids' writing. We're awash in paper over here and I'm pretty ruthless about recycling stuff because she wants to keep EVERYTHING and it drives me crazy, but I stole this one as soon as I could to stash away. Cripes, it really does all happen fast, doesn't it? Didn't she just learn to hold a crayon without eating it?

3 comments:

Amber said...

So sweet! What an exciting time. :)

Oh and my guess is that line one says Banana.

Karin said...

Very cool! Magnus is doing the same. :-)

Lissy said...

It is wonderful to see children writing.
I always dreamt of the day Bonnie would be bring home amazing artworks & drawing little girls & now that she's doing it, it just feels so surreal...