Monday, August 11, 2008
Big Weekend
Pretty big weekend for Clara. She got to go to the zoo with my college friend Doug and his little boy genius, Riley, and got to have them over for dinner. She also got to:
Watch television for the first time to see the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games. For some reason I felt a little triumphant when I told her about it and she said, "What's watch television?" She was glad when there were finally some 'girl dancers in pretty dresses.' She was also happy to stay up late and have chocolate ice cream with sprinkles. We told her that the summer games opening ceremonies are only on every four years, and we're pretty sure she thinks that means that there is only something for kids to watch on television every four years. We decided not to correct her on that one. :)
See Grandma and Grandpa! And open birthday presents, including what is sure to be her favorite of all, a musical jewelry box with a spinning ballerina (remember those?).
Sleep in her new bed! She's been in a toddler bed for over a year and really needed something bigger. We also needed the crib back. :)


And here she is on one of her last days being 2. I'm a little sad about it, I'll have to say. Officially no more toddler. She went to bed tonight saying "I just can't wait to wake up and be 3."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
She's a cutie!
So cute and so sweet! Happy birthday, Clara!! Did you make her bedspread? It's gorgeous and looks lovely on that pretty white bed.
Hippo Birdy Clara...can't believe your precious daughter is THREE now...
Hey, now you need to change your "Who Are We?" section to a THREE year old...
Congratulations. Sounds & looks wonderful. (I can put sprinkles on anything & my kids love it!!!)
Bless you all,
Lissy
XXxx
Wish I could say I made it--it was a sale item from Land of Nod.
Post a Comment