Saturday, September 12, 2009

Portland's Party




Gotta love a city that throws a party like this one for a new extension of their public transportation.  Not pictured:  free ice cream and lemondade, all the music and street performers, dramatic telling of 'Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus' ON a bus, Ellis (who was in the backpack or frontpack whenever I had the camera out) and, oh yeah, the 500 people crammed in our train car and the small riot and arrest that occurred while we were on it.  Ah, mass transit. Miss you, Ma!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Sigh. So, so jealous. Well, except for the riot/arrest part. :) Living in Scranton, we have pretty much no such thing as public transportation...

Natalie Whisler said...

Ha! I knew exactly where you went the moment I saw Clara's face paint. We went to the Clackamas events. No riots for us, but we did wait in line for 30 minutes so Gabriella could get an elaborate butterfly face painting job! Really though, it was a very fun free day.